So you want to play Poker… but what does that mean for Covid? In this document, you will find everything you need to know about playing Poker with River Rats Poker League, and what is expected of you.
The following tournament guidelines are mandatory operating practises that all River Rats Poker League representatives have agreed to implement. RR Poker tournaments operating under these conditions will be known as “COVIDSafe” and are designed to enhance the safety of the poker playing environment for players, tournament directors and venue staff.
Attending the venue.
When you attend any venue hosting River Rats Poker League, you will be required to use the Service NSW Contact Tracing app on your phone to check into the venue for the night. If you do not have a smartphone, please see the Venue’s Covid Marshall or Bar Staff for instruction.
requirements for playing.
- You must not have any signs of a cold, flu, or cough. If you are unwell, please stay at home.
- You must not have traveled to or from a current Covid Hotspot within the past 14 days. (Current Hotspot information can be found HERE)
- You will be asked to provide your phone number & email address upon your registration.
- You agree that you will uphold current Social Distancing laws
Hand Sanitizer stations will be provided at events.
All patrons will be required to use them prior to touching any poker chips, cards, or tables.
during the game.
- All tables will operate with a maximum of 7 players, instead of the usual 8-10 players.
- If you wish to wear a mask during the game, that is your right to do so. Until masks are mandatory, we will not be requiring players to wear them at the tables. However, we will have masks available (1 per player) if you do so request one.
- Disposable gloves will be made available at registration for those who wish to wear them.
- The Tables will be positioned far enough apart from each other to provide a comfortable walking space between tables, as to follow the current Social Distancing laws.
- Players are to remain seated and not wander around the room. If at any time you wish to get up from your chair and leave the room, you will be required to sanitize your hands before coming near the tables.
after the game.
Once you are out of the poker tournament, you will not be allowed to stand around and spectate.
What will River Rats Poker League do?
- Ensure all tables, playing cards, and poker chips will be sanitized after every game.
- Provide masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizer to any player requesting them.
- Ensure all players have completed the venues check-in with the Service NSW app